With volunteer applications about to go live Monday, I figured I’d make a post about it.
Below is a list of the current positions we will need to fill in order to successfully run BiteCon 2015.
- check people in
- distribute badges
- (if applicable) sell photo op, autograph, and meet & greet tickets
- previous cash handling experience preferred
- must be available Thursday-Sunday
- ushers/crowd control inside the ballroom
- queue control for photo ops/autographs
- code of conduct enforcement
- available to address attendee concerns
- crowd control outside the ballroom
Vendor Room Staff
- Will help vendors set up before each convention day
- Assist in cleaning out and closing the vendor room each night
- On final day, will help vendors pack up and clear vendor room
Green Room Security
- Safeguard Green Room door for the privacy of our Guests of Honor
- Check credentials of visitors before they enter Green Room
- This position requires ability to work long hours
- Previous convention running experience preferred.
- Will be assisting our Head of Convention Operations, Karen, in running BiteCon smoothly.
- Full time weekend volunteer position, will be working long hours and will not have time to “attend” the convention.
Guest of Honor Liaison
- MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS A GUEST OF HONOR LIAISON
- will be assigned to a guest of honor for the duration of the weekend
- will act as a go-between for the actor and the convention
- This position requires ability to work long hours.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an ask, tweet us, or use the contact form on our site! There’s tons of ways to reach out and we’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!
Hey all, just a quick little post. We’ve had SO many people request info about volunteering via the website that we’re going to open applications on Monday. We’re so grateful to have so many of you interested in helping out. Without you, BiteCon wouldn’t be able to function!
We’ll make a post sometime this weekend with some details about volunteering so you can be prepared for Monday.
Hope you’re all having a great week! As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
Hey everyone, just a heads up but we just wanted to let ya know that there’s only three Alpha tickets left and then they’re gone. If you were waiting to get yours, I probably wouldn’t wait much longer!
We’re hard at work planning and getting some things together and we hope to release some new info for you guys soon! :)
Yes, there is definitely a limit. Both the Alpha and Beta packages have a definite set number and we will not be selling more than that. That being said, there’s quite a few Beta but only 11 Alpha packages left so I recommend getting one quick!
All tickets will need to be picked up at registration (will call) at the convention. We have a day dedicated to pre-reg (Thursday) before the convention activities begin on Friday but if you can’t make it on Thursday, you can still pick up your badge Friday morning. Hope that helps!
We did both actually. Ops become available after each cast member is announced. We will let you know the date/time their ops will go on sale when we announce their attendance!